Can You?

Can you Hear me?
The sodden whispers of grief
That are muffled without success.
The sudden explosion of love
Accompanying a whiff of your cologne. 
The shattering of the self
Against walls of reality.
Can you hear me?

Can you see me?
Seeking for a glimmer of love
While staring at your inert eyes
In a decrepit photo; worn-out love.
With eyes that are silent,
Hiding tears that never fall;
Vanishing relics of agony.
Can you see me?

Can you....Can you feel me?
Hopeful fingers that reach out,
Yearning to trace your face 
Through muddled memories.
The contour of your nose bridge.
The hollow of your sockets.
The lips that kissed me.
Can you feel me?

Do you know?
All is empty, 
All is nothing
All that was you
All that is you
All that made me, me
All is lost
Do you know?

Comments

  1. the poem is wonderful, there are one or two words I would have left out...but what the hell is my opinion.
    Your situation is awful.
    courage Scorpion girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts