Truly are we lost..

There are so many moments that I muse over what could have been. Often I see a happy couple lost in each others love and I think , "that should have been me, it should have been us". We were willing to brave all odds, to fight all the fights and scale all the walls to be together, but we didn't know that we would be struck apart by the most unexpected nemesis of love...death..

Memories like fading mist , and grief like heavy fog
Set on my disowned soul, slowly and decisively.
Yet I refuse, to rest my thoughts on your face.
As the mere glimpse of those familiar contours,
Lead to,

Muffled Wails,
A Yearning Heart
And Unshed Tears;

Tears that I hide to protect our child.
Tears that refuse to fall, hindered by inexplicable pride.
Or an unspoken fear of the unknown, I know not,
Tears that are prisoners to my cold and dark heart,
That drench my joy and reduce it to fake smiles.
That mask a face that is no longer mine.
If you come back and no longer see me,
If I go to you and you can no longer see me,
Blame the,

Silent Wails,
A Cold heart,
And Frigid Tears.

As they have redrawn me into who I am,
Who I know not and nor do you.
Forgive me love, for without  you
I seem to have lost all that I was.
And now, truly are we lost
To each other, forever.
Erased by,

Unheard Wails,
A Strange heart,
And Lost Tears.

Comments

Popular Posts