In Search of ME!

A highly eventful week. Details of which I cant let out as the consequences of such a revelation is detrimental not only for me. But the pensive moments and hours of stress that tested my mettle has lead me to a few ironic conclusions.

Who am I? Why does the answer to this keep falling out of my grasp? The forage for a self has been persistent yet not fruitful. So many faces. So many thoughts. Can a person ever be described. Don't we all change every minute, every second with every new sensation. Our opinions, likes and dislikes. They change and doesn't all thise define us. If not, what defines us? What defines you? A friend told me not to lose my integrity. But what can define and demarcate my integrity when the individual has not been mapped out yet. So does our integrity change too?

Again if I do manage to get hold of the concept of myself, would I choose to maintain my integrity even if it means that it would in turn harm the big picture, another persons life or even mine. I could live with more self respect if I managed to do that. But what if at times, instances call for me to compromise for the better good. Then where do I stand? How can there be so much muddle to clear up even when you think you have grown up and you can make your own decisions. I don't believe that any one of us have a clear idea of who we are and how we will react. When the day comes, that our real self jumps out, what if we are disappointed with what we see?.....

Each one of us are highly imperfect..maybe it adds to the variety of life but wouldnt it have been easier if God send us a book about ourselves with us;-)..i mean...really..i could do with one now..

In Search of Me

In this darkness lies my soul
Aeons have I searched,
For this long lost friend
She flits in and out
Of my feeble vision so foul
As always she evades my grasp
Like the water from the flowing river
I try to cup within my hands
Like the stormy wind
I try to stand in the midst off
Like the cruel and lonely nights
I cant fight
I have lost you
To a changing mind
I have lost you
To an unpredictable self
I lost you
When I was born

Comments

  1. we are highly impperfect and we keep changing coz we dont hear ,we listen and we dont see ,we observe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts