The Ravenous "I"

My dreams... are they dyeing yours black?
Have they vanquished yours, mercilessly..
My needs ... are they eclipsing yours?
Pushing you into angry alleys of frustration
My priorities..are they bleeding our love?
Leaving you bereft of the sweet caresses it bestows on your body?

My naivety is screaming at me from the mirror
My spirit dies a pitiful death, each day
My joy is all but gone...
Your joy, she points her fingers at me..
As if I am the lone perpetrator of agony
She keeps me away, guarding you jealously!!!

When did you realise that love is not enough?
Far too late..for you and me....
So long...protected by shields of identities and roles
So long...adorned by the deceptive mask of happiness
So long...has it been since I last saw the real you and me..
Now, do you see?..Do you see us fading away into a fog of oblivion?

Is that your hand on mine, is that your lips on mine
Is this unpredictable and grey murkiness clearing up??
Is that you whispering...“But this passion doesn’t die
This heart continues to bleed, And all is not dark..
Lets not be blinded, Blinded by needs, wants and priorities…
Blinded by differences, our egos and the ravenous “I”

Comments

Popular Posts