The Wandering Widow

I shall wander.

Sway in the storms,

Be lead by the wind,

Flow with the river.

Let the tides of time

Take me from port to port.

I shall dock at harbours

That I find alluring.

Never to stay.

Only to linger.

Unless anchored by 

More than companionship.


I shall flout the dire

Predictions for widowhood,

And find my corner

Within myself or,

Maybe, within another.

I shall not let my memories

Hold me, prisoner;

Misused as reasons for misery.

I shall forge ahead

Armed with no desire for another

Like the one before

The love of my life...So far...


And if the ship perchance

Meets land that

I might find eternity in.

I will have a thought or two,

And then again,

Let the river flow

And the wind blow.

Let the swirls of time

And the ebbs of fate,

Force my hands

And  the ship mayhap

Decide to dock or not. 

Comments

Popular Posts