Waiting for Oblivion...


As the sands of time slip,

Through my hands, limp,

I feel only indifference

And an odd sense of acceptance.

Like I am living on borrowed time anyway.


I feel no urge to clench my fist tighter,

As I witness so many around me.

Nor do I grovel helplessly

To gather the fallen grains of time;

Like hungry souls pandering for more.


There is an emptiness inside me,

Love from only one can fill.

I have displaced it desperately!

I have misplaced it consciously! 

Yet, the naked truth stands resolute and still.


The grief, it is never going away!

The love, it is never coming back!

The emptiness, it is here to stay!

And so I breathe

And I breathe again..and still...


So, I am forced to draw maps of love

That lead to myself.

So, I am forced to write words of wisdom 

That embrace my loneliness.

Seeking tenuous joy on roads traveled by others.


Like the falling leaf, from the tree of life.

Like the melting snow, on the footpaths of the living.

Like the wave-washed sands, on a lonesome beach.

Like the whimpering unsure breeze, on a stormy day.

Solitary and yet mighty!


Struggling against the inevitable.

Even when it knows.

That the days are numbered.

That there is nothing around the curve.

Or at the end of the road, 



But the hard cold floor... 


And OBLIVION...

Sweet, sweet oblivion...

Comments

Popular Posts