Nostalgia!

Oh! the nostalgia and the yearning it invokes!!
The school that I left behind too early.
The childish and unaddressed crushes.
The friends that could have been.
The experiences of a different life.
The need to touch this world just once,
And the longing for bonds forged in my absence.
How it haunts me, night and day!
How would it have been?
What would have come of me?
Would I never have met those who I treasure today?
Would I fail to be me ?
Will I cease to enjoy the portrait of my past,
Where I sketch the roads and paint the destination?
Will I forget the joy of drowning in nostalgia?,
And never enjoy the sweet pain of innocent longing,
For Friendships yet to be rediscovered.
And wishes of a child long lost
Oh! the nostalgia and the yearning it invokes
How it haunts me, night and day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts