The Key I Lost

On the beaches flooded with the sands of time I stumbled upon a treasure chest..one filled with love, hope, trust, companionship and loyalty. All priceless and difficult to find in this chaotic world. I locked it up and chose to hide the key, just so that no one will take it from me.But little did I know that there were powers beyond my control. It just so happened that one day, I lost the key. And, just like that, in a single moment, the beach, the sands, the sky all fades into oblivion. Like darkness swallows a room when the candle is blown out, loneliness engulfs my being. I am left without the strength to search for the key and the definite knowledge that it will be a futile endeavour. So I remain, in darkness, still and inert, waiting for the sliver of light that might or might not allow me to see the world once more with hope.

Comments

Popular Posts