Why?

17 men, 17 soldiers died yesterday, while you and I were taking an extended morning nap or enjoying a sunday brunch, 17 families, lost a father, a brother a son, a husband. Around two years and five months ago, I was following the advise of my husband who I was missing a little too much, and enjoying a shopping spree with my daughter when it happened. And yet, I came to know about it only on the next morn. As the most hideous dawn yawned into my life, I was caught unaware and ill prepared to face an incredulously unbelievable twist fate introduced into my page into its book. How many more wives, parents or siblings are suffering the same plight today? I wonder. 17 soldiers, 17 precious lives.

And yet, there is so much more happening around the world. Tragedies that are consequences of war, dictatorship, religious fanaticism...in my country, and yours and the ones we only hear about. Fathers loosing children, children being orphaned overnight, women and kids being sold into sexual slavery, kidnappings and murders, terrorist attacks and domestic violence. Each carrying his burdens, each contributing in his own way, even through apathy and then trudging along. Its not all dark, they say and most times I agree,, but today, darkness has eclipsed my vision. I can only see a world without light.....what do we do, what can we do...why, why, why? Do we believe in a God and do we fill ourselves with hope that his return might save us or do we save ourselves. Do we live or Do we not? Do we love or not?Do we believe or not?...such feeble souls..bound by our own feelings, bound by our responsibilities, blinded by our selfish needs to protect what is ours. But what is truly ours..nothing...nothing..not even our thoughts...



Comments

Popular Posts