Death's Bitter Sweet Whisper

I heard her from afar,
Death's bitter sweet whisper!
So Close, yet So Far.
It's all I need to cross over.
But she waits, cruel trickster!
For I have lives to look over,
To treasure and nurture,
Till then, my forever,
Like a disheartened tale
Seeking its ever after,
Shall I be.
Like the lost pages
Of the last chapter,
Shall you be.

Not yet Death.
For I must breathe
For lives left behind.
Not Yet!
Not Yet!
Not Yet!

Every whisper, brings me nearer
To the unkind armour
Shrouding Death's bosom.
I grow a little colder.
Impervious to the living.
Thrashing with glee and fervour
Against life's boundary,unyielding.
For how I abhor
This loveless purgatory.
Yet I dare not break free
For this tale of ours,
This waiting yarn,
Will find its closure
On Death's joyful shore.

But, not yet Death.
For I must breathe
For lives left behind.
Not Yet!
Not Yet!
Not Yet!

Comments

Popular Posts