Anguish

You tell me to breathe..to live..
Do you understand what you are asking of me?
You see..inside me there is a bloody battle ground
A vindictive force warring right at the crux of my soul
Hatred, anger, grief, despair, pain:its ammunition
It tears apart my will to hope, to live, to survive
It dwells deeper and deeper into the darkness of nothingness
Into the nothingness that is human life
Into the blind innards of a mutilated being of past joy
A relic of what was once flame, but now cant be lighted
As tears have wet it eternally and you expect it to burn?
How can it burn ..how can it? When there is no air in here
Not even to breathe..Not even to sigh in anguish
How can there be light where there is no life?
How can there be life when there is no will?
So..i beg of you, spare me your words, your joy and your hope
They are nothing, but inconsequential atomies of emptiness 
In my dreary, long suffering world


Comments

Popular Posts