Nothing has changed

As I live each day, apart from you, 
I realise that for me nothing has changed
For even in an ever changing world, I am still connected to you...
I still wake up in the morning looking forward to hearing your voice 
I still dream of the time we can spend together when you return
I still guard, the time that we did and may get with intense possessiveness 
I still feel like fighting with you for assuming that I can manage on my own
I still wonder, for a second, if its your call I missed and if  it will come again
I still stare at the door way and imagine you there: face, alive with your grin
I still wish I could feed you more, more food and joy, love and passion 
I still pray for your health and joy, every morning in vain
I still look at your photos and think, "My! How handsome he is, this man of mine"...
I still treasure the moments you made me laugh and the love we shared, 
I still smell your clothes and cover them with kisses in my loneliness
I still think everyday that since I have you in my life, I am truly lucky and blessed 
I still yearn for a touch, a kiss, a hug,,anything tangible..
And I realise, for me nothing has changed ...as I still..
I still belong to you and you still have my heart and always will

Comments

Popular Posts