LETTING GO

In a whirlwind I found you,
Uprooting myself with glee
I followed you willingly, but now I see,
A lifetime has moments too few.
The memories of our togetherness
Are treasured in my mind.
But they, like the passing wind
Threaten to slip into darkness

To know the peace that ends chaos,
To feel the joy that follows pain,
To feel your hand on mine again,
I wait … and wonder in silence,
If it’s my heart that you reign,
If it’s your soul that I felt,
If it’s your mind that I’ve read,
Then how can you, not be mine?

But life, she pulls you away.
In her hand lies our destiny.
Who am I to make her sway?
Now, I let you go willingly.
A faint pain is now blooming.
Is it an end? …Maybe...
Or a new beginning?
Hope? Is it still alive in me?

Though our path was severe,
And the storm as turbulent as ever
We strived hard together,
And never gave into fear.
Now, to life, in humility we bow
And say goodbye to each other
As we part my dear, always remember,

That we loved as only love her self can love!


NOTE
On April 25th, 2014 I lost my husband..this is a poem i wrote a long time ago and somehow...ironically it makes more sense today...i miss him and i love him with all my heart..and i will live the rest of my life remembering that we loved as only love herself can love...happily..that is what he wants and I know that...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts